Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Anybody have some good 'Jenny' songs?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member glamfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...or Jenny's Room by Razzle. I think there was a song called "Jen" or "Jenn" by Cherry St. too.
    Can't remember if any of these is positive though.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Tim73:
    Darren Stockford who used to run Rocks Off zine did me a tape with Jenny 867-5309 which was brilliant. Who was the band? I know they were from Australia & I really liked the singers voice. This would have been around 94/95 but the record could be older.

    <font color="#FF0099"><font size="1">[ December 11, 2005 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Tim73 ]</font></font>
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Are you talking about the original song, from the original band?

    That's Tommy Tutone, and they are US:

    http://www.tutone.com/

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Tim73's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    122
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's interesting that Jenny 867-5309 is a cover. I had a version that wasn't Goo Goo Dolls or Tommy Totone (whatever it was) - may have to check them out.

    I can't remember the name of the band... I didn't think they were particularly glammy, just good old fashioned rock n roll with a punk twist. I've got the copy of the tape in the car still but the name wore off years ago. Could have been a demo band for all I know...

    <font color="#FF0099" size="1">[ December 12, 2005 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Tim73 ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Gav Ruadh Hallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2003
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Only song I can think of about a Jenny off the top of my head is "Jennifer Juniper" by Donovan...
    Although it is horrible...

  5. #15
    Inactive Member glamfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't think of the band right now, but I have a 3 or 4 song demo of an obscure glam band, with a song called "Where's Jenny?" that's an awesome song. I'll try to remember the band.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member TheGlamMessiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2003
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [B]<font size=3 color=hotpink>*I Love Jennifer Eccles*... a marvellous pop song by the Hollies...I have a close friend named Jennifer too...hopefully not the same one as yours Lycan LoL...*winks*

  7. #17
    Inactive Member thechefs2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2004
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by glamfly:
    I can't think of the band right now, but I have a 3 or 4 song demo of an obscure glam band, with a song called "Where's Jenny?" that's an awesome song. I'll try to remember the band.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">I think you may be talking about an old LA/Sunset Strip band called Pair-A-Dice. I've been looking for their demo for ages (with no luck). I'm almost positive they had a song called "Where's Jenny Now."

  8. #18
    Inactive Member glamfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, that's the band. Pair-a-Dice. They had a good ballad on that demo too. PM me, and I'll try to dig that demo out, and send you a copy via e-mail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •